Founded in 1983, Sun Pharma IS NOW THE 5th Largest Manufacturer of Generics in the World, and No1 Company in India. Sun Pharma has above 40 Manufacturing Facilities in compliance with Regulatory Bodies like USFDA, MHRA, TGA, etc.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on
We owe our success to our passionate and skilled workforce. At Sun, one can work with an inspiring, approachable, and visionary leadership. Our open, enabling and trust-based culture will offer you an exciting environment to work and excel in your chosen career.
Position: Sr Manager Phytopharma
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for fieldwork for the procurement of plant samples and recording observations for the development of phytopharmaceutical drugs and dietary supplements.
- Conducting studies of plants, their environments, geographies, relationships, traits, and germination.
- Good knowledge of classical Taxonomy and of the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature.
- Good knowledge of regulatory norms for plant-based drug and dietary supplement development.
- Understanding of macroscopic and microscopic characteristics of plant parts.
- Standardization and quality control of plant extracts
- Testing the effects of weather, pollutants, pests, and other problems on the plant of medicinal value.
- Analyzing plant responses and reporting possible trends, benefits, or concerns.
- Encouraging desirable traits in plants through breeding techniques.
- Experience in Survey, collection, and DNA profiling.
- Knowledge about Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) to develop agrotechnology for controlled cultivation (farming) of medicinal plants.
- Working with trained as well as untrained personnel in identifying plant parts and collecting these carefully according to Good Collection Practices.
- Field experience is required.
- Training and supervision of the field team is a requirement.
- Understanding of plant life, processes, and traits, scientific principles, and environmental concerns.
- Excellent interpersonal, research, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and work with others.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Taxonomy and botanical nomenclature
- DNA profiling and good agricultural practices
- Phytopharmaceutical drugs and dietary samples
- Good collection practices
- Breeding techniques
- Macroscopic and microscopic characteristics of plant part
- Regulatory norms
Qualification: MS/M.Sc Botany, Ph.D. Botany
Experience: 5-10 Years
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –