Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm, and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Area Business Manager
Location: Trivandrum, Kerala, India
- To prepare a beat plan for his/her region & allocate targets & inputs accordingly & monitor on a regular basis & drive secondary sales
- Ease induction and onboarding of Territory Business Managers
- Provide strategic input to target planning for the territory, long term vision, and ambition
- Identify and follow established processes and SOPs to appoint stockists
- To carry out sales management of Abbott products in the territories assigned and to achieve the defined sales targets on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis, as decided mutually by and with Superiors. These targets are subject to revision as per the growth/potential of the company and the company’s products and such change would be intimated to the Sales Executive by Superiors.
- Maintain control of sales operating budget for the respective region
- Direct sales activities to ensure that short and long-range sales volumes and projections are achieved
- To understand, bring in clarity on various strategies/ campaigns including CMEs, camps, etc. rolled out from Marketing and ensure 100% implementation in his/her region
- To carry out promotion & BTL activities of the Company in the assigned territory in line with the objectives/norms of the Company.
- Strong ability to plan and forecast for the area
- Good coordination skills to manage CFAs, stockists, etc. to maintain an optimum inventory and meet demand
- To ensure supply chain efficiency in the region (no. of stockiest, stocks availability, and a significant reduction in expiry.)
- To train and develop knowledge and skills of TBMs and build their competencies.
- To supervise, control, review, motivate and train the TBMs assigned to the Area and to help them as a team to achieve the company’s objectives.
- To build relationships with opinion leaders and stockists in the area and to periodically evaluate important customers of the area
- Assuring that all assigned personnel have the appropriate training and qualification to perform all duties and responsibilities. Complying with own training requirements to perform duties of own job.
- To ensure that the distribution of Abbott products is achieved by the Sales representatives in all the assigned towns as per the Company’s plans.
- To plan trade promotion activities
- Ensure all TBMs reporting to him/her comply to company requirements on salesforce parameters like call average, coverage, knowledge scores, etc.
- You are the manager of the company in your area and will be authorized to build the company’s reputation in your area. You will be responsible for practicing and leading your direct reporters of the company by setting a personal example of excellence in:
- Lead and execute strict adherence to the Abbott Code of Business conduct
- Set examples on implementation of the code of business conduct, FCPA, Pharmacovigilance to ensure compliance
- Conformation to all financial and administration systems, compliance to statutory and regulatory norms of the company and laws of the land
- Demonstrate and promote professional behavior in line with Abbott Values of Pioneering, Achieving, Caring, and Enduring
- Ensure a high level of customer service and manage any difficult customer situations.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external guidelines and ensure minimal comments in audits and other inspections
- Ensure transactions and orders are processed with a high level of accuracy and commitment in order to satisfy customer needs
- Manage attrition of customer and resource bases
- Division and business strategy will be shared with you on time to time base which you will have to execute to the fullest
- To attend and participate in Strategy meetings, briefing sessions, doctor’s meets, workshops, training programs, and any other programs undertaken by the company to equip you or activities for the performance of your job or promote the sales of the product of the company or to improve the company image.
- Excellent planning and operational skills
- Good communication skills.
- Should be fluent in the local language of the area/territory where the incumbent would be placed.
- The ability to communicate fluently in English is desirable.
- Good Computer knowledge. Knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email writing.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Self Motivation
- Result Orientation
- Capable of independently generating sales if required
- High Initiative
- Should have handled brand launches and its subsequent stages.
- Thorough knowledge of the territory where the incumbent would be placed (this is not a must, but would be a plus).
- In case he has not worked in the assigned territory earlier, should be able to adapt and learn quickly.
- Should be open to relocation as per Abbott requirement.
Qualification: Graduation, MBA/PGDM (Preferred)
Experience: Minimum 5 years of prior experience out of which min 2 years in a Supervisory role
Age Limits: 30-35 Years
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –