Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. Every single day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science, and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
Johnson & Johnson India Supply Chain: We are the Enterprise Supply chain for Johnson & Johnson. Our Faster Forward attitude is driving three fundamental principles: Deliver Agile customer solution, Fast Track Innovation, and End to end value creation. J&J India supply chain collaborates & harmonize across three sectors, Consumer, Medical and Pharmaceuticals. We are supported by a strong infrastructure comprising of 4 in-house manufacturing sites, more than 20 third party manufacturing partners, and 30 distribution centers. We continue our efforts to optimize our supply chain network. J&J’s supply chain seamlessly integrates across Plan, Make, Source, and Deliver. India Supply Chain has a constant focus on building a diverse and professional workforce.
Position: Assistant Manager-Warehouse & Distribution
Functional group: DELIVER- Warehousing & Distribution
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Overall Purpose Of Job:
This role will lead Operations Management of all the Distribution Centers (DCs) under the J&J Enterprise Distribution Network for the South region. This includes the functional processes of receiving(Inbound) and storage of incoming material and picking, packing, invoicing & distribution of material as per the Customer Orders received. This Role handles all DELIVER related operations in South- TamilNadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana & AP,.This role will require collaboration with Commerical, Supply chain of all sectors and RA, QA, Tax, and legal teams based out of Corporate or Regional offices.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- This role will lead the Operations Management of all the Distribution Centers (DCs) under the J&J Enterprise Distribution Network for the South region. Coordinates day-to-day warehouse workflow and leads secondary transportation across the Southern region.
- The role is accountable for DC operating costs, deployment of applicable Quality Standards, Site Compliance, and driving key projects in this area, and monitoring secondary transport performance and service to agreed SLAs and important metrics.
- The role requires collaboration with other members of the supply chain, CLSQ, and customer support teams to achieve the Sales and Customer Service goals of DELIVER India Leads all aspects of day-to-day warehouse operations with the support of a 3PL team of different warehouses of Medical, Pharma, and Consumer
- Ensures EHS, and RA Compliance at all sites
- Build an annual budget for warehousing and track actual expenses against the same.
- Build up SRM and other Vendor engagements post Network transition in South
- Reviews and approves invoices for service on company equipment and general warehouse upkeep including AC, electrical repairs, basic carpentry, painting, and other needed maintenance.
- Supply chain event management in alignment with the sales team, Regulatory, legal, QA, Plan, and EM/Make teams
- Attending to various audits and its requirement towards closure.
- Governance through established Key Performance indicators
- EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL INTERACTIONS: External interactions may include customers, third- party distribution centers and suppliers, transportation providers, and customer service.
- This job requires 40% travel
Job Location: Bangalore/ Hyderabad/ Chennai, India
Essential Knowledge And Skills:
- 3+ years related experience.
- MBA from a B-School preferred along with a requisite 3-4 year college degree (Business, Engineering or related field)
Core Proficiencies Required For This Role:
- Experience of SAP (preferred) or other ERP statistical software packages
- Analytical capabilities, Big picture orientation with attention to detail.
- Adaptable to change & Ability to lead cross-functionally
- Good communication and team-building skills
- APICS certifications preferred, Proficiency in South Indian languages is a plus
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –