Your role at our company is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Position: Associate Director – API Technology & Portfolio Management
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Looking for candidates with experience in Pharma API, technology transfer, good with manufacturing and chemical processes. Worked in process improvement and dealt with external manufacturers and suppliers. Also has handled a team under him
- Leveraging external suppliers for API development and full-scale production and the potential project types include sourcing, technical transfer, R&D, process improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Operational excellence projects will be assigned as able.
- Interfacing with the External Manufacturing & Global Procurement organization of our Animal Health Manufacturing Division and the different Animal health R&D departments to develop and manage the supply base and complete sourcing projects.
- Define the requested services including generating technical packages, lead technical due diligence for supplier selection, and verify that the aspects of supplier selection are considered appropriately, including assurance of supply, quality, service, cost, and innovation.
- Follow-up the quality and the timeliness of the delivered services
- On Technical Transfer projects the individual will typically be the overall project lead and ensure the execution of the project is on time and in full.
- Providing strong leadership and business acumen for project management and lead cross-functional team members effectively
- Displaying leadership behaviors and demonstrate a high emotional intelligence
- Creating and ensuring the overall technical transfer schedules including regulatory and formulation site inputs are appropriate for the project delivering end to end outcomes.
- Working closely with external suppliers to assess the chemistry and processing equipment and limit risk on transfer
- Evaluating material physical property and chemical comparability and mitigate risk
- Conducting troubleshooting exercises and process improvements with the existing API suppliers.
- As required, the individual will assist in communications with the suppliers and visit facilities to conduct due diligence and or resolve technical issues.
- Technical and project management skills are critical.
- Ph.D. Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry or equivalent
Required Experience or Skills:
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience working with external suppliers.
- He/she must have experience with process development and scale-up and or technical transfer and be familiar with chemical processes
- A strong business acumen, communication skills, and a proven track record of managing projects in the areas of sourcing/commercialization/tech transfer/chemistry process troubleshooting supply of API products
- Strong Leadership attributes including a global mindset
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional teams with an end to end supply chain view
- Ability to collaborate across functions and geographies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with technical, quality and operations leaders in the internal and external network
- Ability to use Microsoft Project 2010
- Ability to communicate with Chinese and Indian suppliers and manage across time and space is required.
- The ability to travel up to 30%
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- he/she should understand the technical characterization of product physical properties and familiarity or expertise with chemistry and finishing crystallization
- Expertise in troubleshooting and process improvement for chemical manufacturing for API
- Six Sigma certification
- Additional language capability
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –