Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Associate Director – SFE & PMO
Location: BKC Building, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Primary Job Objective:
- Responsible for developing Sales Force Effectiveness [SFE] strategies for the commercial Organization. Must be familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- End to end design, detailing, execution, and project management of key projects of Abbott India Limited [AIL]. Create robust long-range plans as well as maintaining high focus attention on critical projects impacting significant business outcomes
- The position is responsible for working with and/ or leading cross-functional teams across the commercial divisions and support functions of AIL to execute strategic/substantial projects.
- The job involves being an integral part of the AIL Leadership Team reporting to Director – Commercial Excellence & Intl. Business and regular interaction/s with Business Heads, Commercial Directors, and CEO& MD [Senior Leadership Team].
Core Job Responsibilities:
Strategy and project management
- Responsible to drive the formulation of Long Term & Mid-Term business strategy for AIL India to drive the base business of
- $ 324 MM with market-beating growth.
- Responsible to develop a long-range vision of the needs of the organization, anticipate the impact of business trends and prepare plans to accommodate business changes while meeting the overall goals of the organization
- Engage CDs and functional leaders through industry insights, presentation on projects or thought leadership activities
- Engage with external partners and agencies such as SMSRC, IMS to get market insights and intelligence
- Drive identification of transformation initiatives and projects for AIL India based on short and long term business needs and
- Interact with regional and affiliate teams effectively for proposal development or project management
- Drive cross-functional teams across AIL and support functions such as HR, finance, and regulatory functions on transformation projects.
- Partnering with CDs & BU heads to identify and triage business development and growth opportunities
- Lead the PMO team in the detailed design of initiatives, bringing in best practices and insights from internal and external sources (market, competition, and other industries) into the project design
- Independently conceptualizes research tools for high-end projects.
- Guide the PMO team in developing detailed documentation and specifications and in structuring presentations that are appropriate to the characteristics or needs of the audience.
- Manage the work of project managers
- Lead and implement SFE processes and drive change for all the divisions at AIL Must be familiar with a variety of field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Engages business heads through industry insights, presentation on projects or thought-leadership activities on sales force effectiveness
- Guides team in structuring presentations and perform resource requirement analysis
- Build and strengthen the cadence of Sales planning at all field levels
- Comprehensive diagnostics for periodic SFE review meetings
- Benchmark productivity vs. external & internal benchmarking and set ambitious targets
- Identify and work on productivity enhancement initiatives
- Identification, measurement, and achievement of both Quantitative and Qualitative Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE) indicators
- Planning and execution of effective Incentive planning and disbursement system/ recognition programs
Direct Reports: 10
Indirect Reports: Nil
- The position is based in the Corporate Office, Mumbai. However, the position may require traveling for field visits across the country.
- To align with and participate actively in the organization led initiatives periodically.
- To understand and comply with the organization’s Code of Ethics.
Qualification: Masters Degree + MBA/PGDM or Equivalent from Top tier Business School
Experience: 10+ years of professional experience in PMO, Analytics and SFE with a blend of pharmaceutical/ management consulting/ FMCG
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on