Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development, and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods, and specialty chemical industries around the world.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on
Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA, and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Position: Associate Scientist – Protein Purification
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Department: Discovery Biology
Job Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day operational activities in the downstream platform.
- To conduct recombinant protein purification (including affinity, ion exchange, HIC, SEC) and methods development.
- Biochemistry analytical experience (SDS PAGE, Western Blot, Protein quantification, etc.) is a must.
- The program operates and troubleshoots purification equipment at a small/pilot scale using the GE AKTA platform including AKTA PURE, Pilot, Explorer.
- The additional advantage is having a demonstrated experience in optimizing the expression and purification of recombinant proteins from microbial sources.
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Attend training on environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures imparted company
- Must have hands-on experience on AKTA Explorer, AKTA prime, and AKTA PURE instruments
- Additional knowledge on operation and analysis of HPLC / LCMS instrument and data would be appreciable
- Should have knowledge and experience in packing resins in columns like XK, HiScale, and BPG. Knowledge in tangential flow filtration systems and hands-on HPLC is a plus.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Work according to established Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and regulatory guidance.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability.
- Must have a high moral framework (ethics code) and a high sense of data integrity values.
Qualification: M.Sc/M.Tech in Biotechnology or related disciplines
Experience: 6-10 Years Post Qualification
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –