Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Asst Manager – Regulatory Affairs (EPD)
Location: BKE Building, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Core Job Responsibilities:
With Manager Oversight and Supervision:
Global Labeling Portfolio:
- Develops and maintains EPD Company Core Data Sheets (CCDS) and Company Core Patient Information (Master Package Leaflet) based on the available scientific knowledge, labeling guidelines, and requirements within the Abbott EPD Labeling Process.
- Ensures CCDS information is based on Subject Matter Expert (SME) contribution.
- Organizes and participates in Labeling Sub-Team (LST) meetings, ensuring appropriate actions are followed through.
- Working with Product Leads, SMEs and cross-functional teams ensure appropriate documentation to support label changes (clinical overviews, Module 5 documents, Literature References, etc.) are available to complete labeling projects.
- With oversight, independently completes labeling activities assigned. Assesses and approves change requests for labeling documents. Able to participate and contribute to labeling decisions within cross-functional teams.
- Supervises labeling compliance of local labeling documents and reconciles deviations with company labeling documents (e.g. CCDS, corresponding patient information).
- Reviews and evaluates new labeling guidelines/policy (High surveillance countries) and determines implications for company labeling documents/labeling of therapeutic area products.
- Working with Product Leads and SMEs, develops strategic labeling responses, within the cross-functional teams at the appropriate time.
GRDS Lead/Acting GRDS Lead:
- Support GRDS Leads/Be a GRDS Lead to support assigned products for all non – CMC documents required by affiliates for regulatory submissions in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate files of labeling change history and associated documents, using the available company electronic systems.
Promotional Material Release:
- Reviews and approves promotional materials with respect to CCDS and are compliant. globally applicable guidance and
- Ensures that promotional materials are accurate and compliant to internal codes of conduct, established regulations.
- Provide labeling support to affiliates including supporting renewals, geo expansions, or any license maintenance activity.
- Educate/guide stakeholders as and when required on the labeling procedure with the manager’s oversight.
Product Maintenance Activities (The list is for reference and not limited):
- Work with RA Ops to prepare Module 2, Module 4, and 5 & have it ready for the affiliate to publish.
- Coordination of RA information to be included in periodic reports – RMP, PSURs, ACOs (for renewals).
- Support renewals with clinical and pre-clinical documentation (EU and EM)
- Provide relevant documents for variations to EU & EM affiliates
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Previous experience in Regulatory Affairs, Global Labeling, PV, Medicines Development, Quality or related area(s)
- Excellent command over spoken and written English is mandatory
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with global teams is critical
- Attentive to detail
- Advanced word processing knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Key Competencies Required:
Effectively prioritizes short-term (hours/days) work tasks. Responds to learning opportunities. Responds positively to changing situations. Works with others to develop potential alternatives when confronted with problems.
Demonstrates a willingness to learn new aspects of the business (e.g. International regulations; Clinical & CMC; Generics regulations). Proactively seeks feedback from managers and team members and adapts behavior to improve performance. Maintains strong customer focus.
Identifies/tries different or unique ways (within own project/group) to address work problems or opportunities, and/or reduce costs.
Delivers high-quality results. Meets agreed with deadlines. Exhibits honesty and presents complete impartial information. Displays consistency between words and actions. Acknowledges and responds constructively to failures and mistakes. Expresses dissatisfaction constructively, without over-reacting.
Actively participates within the team on shared goals
Qualification: B.Pharma/Lifescience with Diploma in Regulatory Affairs(Preferable)
Experience: 5- 7 years of relevant work experience
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –