Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm, and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Division: Abbott Diabetes Care
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS/ JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Work closely with India GM and Area Business Development Director to develop and align strategy and structured approach for Partnerships/Business Development India
• Own end to end BD process, from screening stage, assessment, development, readiness to launch
• Proactively Identify potential partners who can deliver incremental revenue to India business, across the healthcare ecosystem (to include but not limited to pharma companies, health-tech players, labs, disease management clinics, wellness chains, etc)
• Drive alignment and shape strategies of potential partners through intense executive engagements to co-create mutual sustainable value, elevate the conversation from transactional sales to win-win solutions
• Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive business plans, with a regular partner and internal reviews. Build and execute against short and long term business plans
• Protectively build and maintain trusted advisor relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders within target accounts. Build deep executive-level relationships with partners across a range of business functions, such as the C-suite, supply chain, health economics, Bio-med, and quality committees. Engage and partner with a range of stakeholders beyond contracting, to develop solutions/services structured to accelerate business growth.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders including India leadership team, legal, quality, etc as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Mastery level experience in business development and account management
• Strong understanding of key stakeholders and customer dynamics and ability to facilitate strong working relationships across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Strong solution selling and relationship building skills
• Negotiation, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Superior communication skills – especially executive presence, presenting and selling to c-suite
• Portfolio management skills
• Deep healthcare industry knowledge
• Experience working with senior-level executives
• Strategic thinker, strong executor
• Long-term, strategic focus on account
• Proven success in managing, winning and executing complex sales contracts in large accounts
• Proven experience managing large cross-functional teams
• Ability to influence team member activities (without direct reporting relationship)
• Ability to identify and drive resolution of issues.
Desired Skills & Competencies:
- The incumbent should have a history of seeking and undertaking self-development and self-improvement projects and opportunities.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the medical devices an advantage.
- Experience in growth and mature businesses as well as management of multiple product portfolios.
• Track record in winning large complex deals
• Experience of complex negotiations and contracting
• Strong Commercial Orientation and collaborative attitude
Qualification: Minimum Graduation, MBA or Other relevant Qualification is added Advantage
Experience: Min 5 Years of Relevant Experience
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –