AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and global commercialization of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives. Our primary focus is on three key areas of healthcare: CVRM, Respiratory, and Oncology.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on
AstraZeneca in India has 2 legal entities – AstraZeneca Pharma India Limited (AZPIL), which is a publicly listed company, and AstraZeneca India Pvt Limited (AZIPL), which is a private company. These entities have further operating units as follows- AZPIL includes Commercial, Operations & Clinical Operations and, AZIPL includes the Global Technology Center and R&D Bangalore.
Position: Country Director HR
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
The Country HR Director, India will play the following roles:
- Leading HR for India and be responsible for cross-entity HR governance and collaboration on strategic matters across all legal entities & operating units.
- Leading HR for the public listed entity, AstraZeneca Pharma India Limited
- Leading HR for Commercial & Clinical Operations and entity oversight on Operations
- External representation for AstraZeneca brand on all people related matters, across all entities and operating units in India
- Leadership Coaching for all locally present cross-SET Business Leaders and HR Leaders.
- Setting the agenda for workplace culture, provide an appropriate emphasis on employee experience, and allow AstraZeneca to approach HR from a strategic, long-term perspective
- Collaborates with Regional, International, Operations & IT and Global HR for HR, to build and strengthen the skills & capabilities in the HR Team in India
- Leads the HR operating model, acts as a primary point of contact for all HR-matters related to the market with key internal stakeholders and takes an enterprise perspective to ensure close working and alignment across HR leadership teams for India.
- Leads India Business Leaders and HR cross-SET forum to ensure enterprise and synergistic outcomes in India, AstraZeneca external presence, branding, similar employee experiences, etc
- Leads strategic workforce planning for the Commercial organization
- Effectively coaches leadership (Country Leadership Team in Commercial, Senior Leadership team in Operations, Global Technology Center, R&D Bangalore & other locally present SET leaders), to ensure AZ values and performance standards are reflected in recruitment, talent planning, and reward decision-making. Provides a platform for debate and input on important strategic issues.
- Drives annual talent review process for country leadership roles and other BCRs (business-critical roles) in Commercial organization.
- Builds capability & capacity within the HR function through hiring, development and mentoring to deliver on business/ SET related objectives
- Provides leadership to the CEOs and ensures strong collaboration within HR in delivering solutions that meet the specific & unique needs of each SET area.
- Leads and drives the harmonization of HR policies, directives, guidelines, processes, tools and procedures at the country level
- Drives local governance through the monthly HR for HR Forum & the COEs Forum.
- Oversees various internal and external audits related to HR processes to ensures implementation of the action points.
- Contributes in finalizing people related scorecard items like GPTW featuring in-country scorecard and aligns country level HR scorecard for all SETs with global HR scorecard.
- Represents HR in Board of Directors meetings for both entities & other key internal/ external stakeholder meetings
- Leads and collaborates for various Area, International, global level practices and projects
- Collaborates with Area, International, Operations & IT, and Global HRLT for best practice sharing and enhances People’s practice outcomes for all SETs in India.
- Represents AstraZeneca as HR Opinion Leader in various external forums like OPPI (Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India), NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies), NHRDN (National HRD Network), academic institutes and national level trade associations & bodies.
- Gives strategic direction to maintain cordial relationships and achieve business outcomes with the 2 workmen unions (external union in MC & internal union at Ops).
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Experience of working in complex global multi-national organizations, championing and driving the change agenda in partnership with the business.
- A strong combination of strategy and operational exposure as a strategic HR partner is needed.
- Strong leadership coaching skills required
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects, including strong group facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Capability in developing and implementing HR strategy
- Ability to quickly develop positive relationships with the senior leadership team at country and regional level, identify common goals between them and then facilitate the completion of common objectives
- Must demonstrate the ability to solve complex issues,
- Collaborate and negotiate with leaders and influence others to reach mutually acceptable solutions
Individuals must have sound knowledge in the following areas:
- Change management
- Leadership Coaching
- Compensation strategy and delivery
- Performance management
- Talent Management and Acquisition
- Learning and Development
- Data Analytics
- Country Leadership Team of Marketing Company, Site Leadership Teams of GTC & R&D Bangalore & Site Leads of all SET teams in India
- Lead HR BPs for all SETs in India
- COE Leads in India
- Business, Enabling, Functional leads – eg Compliance, SFE, Legal, Internal Communications, etc
- Asia Area Leadership Team
- Asia Area HR leadership team
- Global HR Leads for the India based SETs
- Agencies and Consulting organizations
- Employment-related government bodies
- Pharmaceutical associations
- IT associations
- HR & Business networks & forums
- Industry HR leaders & experts
Qualification: 2 years master’s program (MBA, PGDM, MA, MSC, etc) in HRM, PMIR, or a related field like Psychology, Sociology, Employment Law, etc from a premium business school.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –