Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development, and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods, and specialty chemical industries around the world.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA, and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Position: Deputy General Manager – Strategy
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
This role will be responsible for strategic thinking, strategic planning, and execution in the Company and ideally have a deep understanding of the Life Sciences space.
- The profile shall be responsible for preparing the corporate strategy of Syngene for a 1-3-5-year period. Covert the strategy into a multi-year execution plan for each business unit with identified key performance indicators across each BU and function.
- Identify core strategic programs that need to be implemented for achieving the targets including prioritization of initiatives.
- The role will also involve working with each function like commercial, HR, supply chain to help formulate their respective strategies in line with the overall company strategy and execution plan.
- Track the implementation of strategy with ongoing trends in the industry and suggest appropriate course corrections. Conduct Strategy board every quarter with the Executive Committee to review the progress of strategic execution.
- Spot industry trends, shifts, and disruptions and put them into perspective with the company’s strengths and capabilities for creating a dynamic and agile strategic roadmap for Syngene. Create a deep organizational understanding of the CRO market opportunities across categories
- Understand competition platforms, technologies, capabilities, and contextualize them for the company. Create insights on the company’s performance and benchmarking with competition to identify areas of competitive advantage, differentiation, and growth, areas that need improvement.
- Other responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with management to research, identity, analyze and execute new business initiatives, including business case preparation
- Prepare a strategic plan and financial model reflecting 1-3-5-year plan and yearly refresh
- Customer and market insights:
- Understanding of R&D budgets of large biopharma companies: research allocation, drugs under research, propensity to outsource
- Mapping out the biotech industry and their activities: explore the space and narrow down potential opportunities
- jointly build a sales strategy along with the sales function to develop a robust sales pipeline up to the next 36 months
- Develop a market model for estimating demand
- Run market research to understand customer preferences and estimate Net Promoter Score for Syngene
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team
- Excellent communication with the inherent ability to articulate and express complicated matters in simple terms
- Strong analytics and presentation skills with excellent proficiency in excel, PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to drive strategic thinking within the company
- Ability to solve problems
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to the environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
• Leadership skills
• Ability to provide inductive and deductive reasoning
- Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently. The incumbent will be part of a small team with the requirement to influence across the organization. Hence, influencing skills will very important. Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Strong organization skills with the ability to perform, prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment in various situations with strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in a relevant role in a large corporate or from a reputed company
Qualification: Should be an MBA, CFA, CA
Experience: 10 to 15 years of overall experience with at least 5 to 7 years in strategy, planning, corporate development.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –