Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and the potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The global Pfizer leadership is making efforts to make the company lean and agile. Employees are encouraged to be innovative and entrepreneurial. We are also working to create an environment where all colleagues have the opportunity to grow and maximize their contributions to the company’s success.
Pfizer is a Fortune 500 company that embraces the spirit of a small company while exploiting the advantages of its unmatched scale and reach.
Position: District Business Manager
- District Business Manager leads a team of Territory Executives (TE), Sr. Territory Executives (Sr. TE), and Asst. District Managers (ADM) to achieve and exceed the budgeted sales for the assigned geographical area.
- The role holder is also responsible for optimizing productivity through planned coverage of customers, resource deployment, and meaningful and timely implementation of sales promotion initiatives for self and the team, in accordance with established sales & distribution policies and procedures.
Major Roles & Responsibilities are not limited to:
- Support the RBM in budgeting for the region
- Conduct sales analytics for the entire region to help draw out trends to impact the future business plans and provide inputs to the regional business manager for driving business growth
- Achieve the sales budget of a large/metro city / more critical district/institution
- Plan and develop a suitable sales strategy in consultation with the RBM. Take the inputs of the PS/Sr.PS/PE to prepare the sales plan. Finalize district targets for each of the key products
- Undertake monthly phasing of sales targets and schedule sales for each member of the team
- Validate the sales forecast and the rolling sales plan as per the defined frequency
- Manage salvage net to maintain it at an acceptable level
- Coordinate the sales efforts of TE/Sr. TE/ADM in the District to ensure availability of products with the wholesalers and take prompt action to fill gaps, if any
- Plan and organize sales promotion campaigns by selecting high potential medical practitioners
- Guide and assist the TE/Sr.TE/ADM in implementing the sales strategy, selection of customers, profitable coverage of sale area, and determining the frequency of calls.
- Guide and instruct TE/Sr.TE/ADM on compliance with promotional guidelines and adverse event reporting policies and procedures as related to expiry date products.
Operational / Process
- Stay updated on the competitor’s activities through personal visits to medical practitioners, wholesalers, and retailers and through systematic collection and analysis of data, statistics, and information from PS/Sr.PS/PE in the field.
- Make personal visits to customers to build effective relationships through face-to-face selling and promotion of the sale.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of sales campaigns and programs; take corrective action and recommend improvement in sales planning, sales methods, market coverage, and sales administration.
- Provide periodic updates/reports to the Regional Business Manager (RBM) on sales achieved, market conditions, competitors’ activities, and the performance of team members.
- Provide recommendations to the RBM on sales strategy, operations and methods of reducing costs
- Support institutional sales for the district by developing and managing relationships with key institutions in the district. Follow up with relevant stakeholders on institutional tenders and assist the IDM for the inclusion of new products in the list
- Build relationships with and manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and key customers
- Implement product promotion campaigns for new and existing products for the district
- Provide inputs to the marketing team for the articulation of the marketing strategy
- Coordinate with the CFA and internal distribution teams to ensure product availability in the district, and for timely resolution of issues including ordering and dispatches
- Supervise planning and organizing of Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs with help from HODs, Consultants and administration department of hospitals
- Responsible for the recruitment and appointment of TE/Sr.TE/ADM in the region in coordination with the Field Hire Team
- Maximize the productivity of the team through efficient decision making and delegation of authority
Set out targets and objectives jointly with each team member
- Appraise performance on the achievement of targets against predefined objectives and recommend career progression decisions
- Ensure subordinate development through performance monitoring, periodical counseling, guiding and coaching Accompany the team for calls with medical practitioners, retailers or hospitals to help build their self-confidence and sharpen their skills
- Responsible for the creation of Individual Development Plans for the reporters at the beginning of every year and the conduct of periodic reviews on the progress made.
- Provide them with the requisite assistance to enable their development as per the plan Assist the Field Training Manager in the identification of training needs for the field force in the region
- Ensure imparting of product and selling skills training for team members in line with their training needs
- Coach and mentor new district managers Provide guidance to the team with respect to company procedures, policies, and guidelines Act as the custodian of all compliance-related matters for the district.
- Also, assist the RBM in ensuring compliance for the region. Demonstrate and promote global values in all interactions Demonstrate leadership behaviors
- Ensure achievement of Sales budgets for the assigned geographical area Regulate the acceptance and execute orders within the authorized limit
- Ensure those customer dues are collected in accordance with credit terms & outstanding are kept to the bare minimum
- Ensure proper utilization of product samples, detailing aids, and other promotional material.
- Ensure budget control and adherence for the area Ensure proper accounting and reporting of expenses Assist the RBM in managing the operating expense for the region
- Use technology solutions for enabling better information availability.
- Use technology developments for effective field operations and training
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of therapeutic segments and related medical information.
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects and issues related to the Pharmaceutical industry.
Qualification: B.Sc/B.Pharma, Additional Diploma/Degree in Sales/Marketing is Added Advantage
Experience: 5-8 Years in Sales
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –