Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Field Service Engineer
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Travel during normal working hours to accounts based on a weekly schedule under Technical Support Manager or appointed Customer Support staff, to perform services on capital equipment including:
- System Installs: install new Systems, demonstration Systems for conferences or training, rental Systems, and loaner Systems. Train Bio-Medical staff during system installs on preventive maintenance steps and basic troubleshooting per given guidelines
- Service Calls: Perform necessary repairs or parts replacement based on Tech Support’s diagnosis and troubleshooting of System problems for equipment in the field.
- Preventative Maintenance: Perform routine preventive maintenance work on AVD equipment in the field.
- Software and Hardware Upgrade
- Provide in house service of Abbott product
- Organize parts or Modules to ship to BU for return credit or repair & return in coordination with Customer Support staff
- Provide complete, accurate, and regular Service documentation and records to AV Service system, including:
- Service reports and System Install reports: in compliance with industry regulations
- Based on a weekly scheduled issued by Technical Support Manager or appointed Customer Support staff, coordinate all logistics of arranging service calls and installs including:
- Airline travel, car rentals, and lodging
- Communication with the account and local Abbott employees to arrange for a service call or install:
- Sales representatives and Field Clinical Engineers need to be informed of the proposed schedule in order to arrange for service or installation at the hospital.
- Participate in required training arranged by Technical Support Manager
- Cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Complies with quality and regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Having basic knowledge in computer software and hardware would be an added advantage
- Demonstrates knowledge of technical and repair skills in the field and in house.
- Possess excellent written and oral skills, including demonstrated ability to prepare written documentation in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and manage time efficiently.
- Able to work collaboratively and professionally with management, peers, and customers as an AVD employee.
- Should be highly self-motivated, ability to perform, having agility and aspiration to grow
- Proficient in computer operations, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel and knowledge in using online software tools like Service max, SAP would be an added advantage
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Able to meet vendor access policy qualifications for hospitals.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Should have a valid Passport
- Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time, including international travel.
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (emphasis on Electronics or Bio-medical or Hardware Engineering preferred).
Experience: +3 years of field service experience working with medical systems.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –