AstraZeneca is an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. We’re inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in our core therapeutic areas. Bold in our thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination. At sites across the world, we bring teams together in a spirit of collaboration to turn great ideas into life-changing medicines – strengthening our product portfolio and harnessing the potential of a pipeline across all stages of the drug development process.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
You’ll be part of a team that’s rolling back the frontiers of science to turn yesterday’s impossible into the normal of tomorrow. So, if you share our focus and passion, join us and make a difference to patients – and in return, we’ll help you develop way beyond what you thought possible.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. Making the impossible a reality can mean taking a chance on an idea and investing in our exceptional capacity for innovation and discovery. We champion trying new things, and we nurture a test and learn the culture which means we are always progressing close to our goals. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Position: Global Forecasting Manager Commercial Strategy & Corporate Affairs
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
About the department
- The Commercial Strategy & Corporate Affairs – Global Business Services (CSCA GBS) unit is responsible for driving deliverables for multiple Corporate Vice President (CVP) areas within CSCA, including Insulin, GLP-1 and Obesity Marketing, Market Access, Commercial Planning, and Commercial Operations.
- The CSCA GBS unit also supports Biopharm global marketing for Haemophilia and growth disorders.
- In Obesity Commercial Unit, we are focused on changing the way obesity is viewed and treated today, as well as increasing the number of people who receive innovative treatments and quality care.
- In addition to driving innovative market development and communication efforts, the unit is responsible for the global commercialization and optimization of Saxenda® and Obesity & NASH pipelines.
- As a Global Forecasting Manager you will Provide analytical and consulting services in designing, delivering, and executing projects related to Insights & Forecasting (I&F) by using strong quantitative and analytic abilities to integrate and analyze data, by processing various data files into useful analyses for stakeholders in I&F, and support in ‘sanitization’ and ‘check’ of the data file (particularly from IMS) before uploading into the system & subsequent report generation.
- Also develop custom analysis tools in a variety of programming languages and applications such as Advanced Excel, VBA, Powerpoint, Access & SAP system (Business Warehouse or Business Objects) and IMS databases (MIDAS), also you will need to develop and implement complex mathematical and statistical models that relate sales or marketing activities to financial results
- Additionally ensure documentation is recorded and maintained to deliver high-quality projects by conducting the quality check of various reports and analysis related to I&F. Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes by independently executing tasks/projects with minimal supervision also strengthen and build CSCA intellectual property position finally develop operating manuals for the deliverables that have been assigned. Hence this position requires frequent and active engagement with numerous internal stakeholders.
- Important communication and stakeholder engagement skills are necessary to manage relationships.
The qualifications are required:
- Master’s Degree (preferably within quantitative/management discipline) from a well-recognized institute
- Graduate degree in Pharma (BPharm), Science/Biotechnology (BSc), Engineering (BTech)
- Good academic track records and grades
- 4+ years of experience in the Pharma Analytics industry. Consulting experience would be a plus
- Ability to translate business problems into the most efficient and effective analysis plan
- Execute the analysis including data pull, data preparation (sanitization), and report generation
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with different stakeholders, primarily with customers, vendors, consultants, and project teams. Consulting experience a plus
- Strong strategic and analytical capabilities, with demonstrated experience in analyzing complex situations, collecting data, effectively synthesizing the analytics/data to form a complete, cohesive picture
- Must have: Advanced level knowledge of Excel, VBA & PowerPoint.
- SAS proficiency (SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Dataflux Web Studio, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Management Console, SAS LSF, SAS Base, SAS Enterprise Guide)
- Working level knowledge of IMS MIDAS database – ideally with knowledge about the diabetes therapy area, such as treatments and key market developments and dynamics
- Preferred: Knowledge of SAP (SAP Business Warehouse proficiency, potentially also SAP Business Objects)
Last Date: 8th Nov 2020
Mr. Shiva K
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –