AstraZeneca is an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. We’re inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in our core therapeutic areas. Bold in our thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination. At sites across the world, we bring teams together in a spirit of collaboration to turn great ideas into life-changing medicines – strengthening our product portfolio and harnessing the potential of a pipeline across all stages of the drug development process.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
You’ll be part of a team that’s rolling back the frontiers of science to turn yesterday’s impossible into the normal of tomorrow. So, if you share our focus and passion, join us and make a difference to patients – and in return, we’ll help you develop way beyond what you thought possible.
At AstraZeneca, we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we’re resetting expectations of what a biopharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Position: HR Advisor
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
You are responsible to provide effective HR service by delivering a quality and trusted HR advisory service through every customer interaction. You are also required to resolve low to medium complexity HR queries and issues in respect of various global and local HR policies and processes as defined in the Global HR Services Service Catalogue
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Responsible for providing a trusted and quality HR advisory service by resolving low to medium complexity HR queries and issues in respect of various global and local HR policies and processes, as defined in the Global HR Services service catalog.
- Utilize Knowledge Base to manage all incoming call center queries that can be resolved during a phone call or that require basic investigation to provide a resolution; proactively utilize all resources and technology available
- For activities under the HR Services scope, the HR Advisor is responsible for updating/processing HR data accurately to ensure a compliant, accurate database in Workday and sending relevant information to Payroll (to ensure that Workday and Payroll data is aligned and accurate).
- Maintain accuracy of the country-specific knowledge base for HR Advisors – e.g. FAQs, HR Services policies, tipsheets, etc.
- Make efficient use of HR technology to support day-to-day activities and the delivery of positive and engaging customer experience. Manage and utilize all supported channels (phone, email, case management, employee self-service portal, chat feature, postal mail) to ensure timely responses and ensure achievement of internal service level agreements. For example, use ticketing tools (ServiceNow) to effectively log and track queries and, based on insights from day-to-day activities, propose potential changes or enhancements to MyHR content and local knowledge base documentation (e.g. FAQs, tipsheets).
- Adhere to the governance model as defined by the Global HR Services organization.
- Ensure service-related activities are of the correct quality and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements / internal standards.
- Raise issues in a timely manner and escalate appropriately so the resolution is found and service quality is not impacted.
- Take actions to advocate and drive employee self-service solutions and intranet as a key resource
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in root cause analysis activities when required.
- Identify initiatives / good practice that could be scaled more broadly (i.e. across countries) and inform the Service Delivery Manager Work with Global HR Services colleagues to actively listen to and propose improved ways of working and work with relevant stakeholders to translate into actionable change.
- Support continuous improvement projects as assigned and ensure completion of activities on time
- Minimum two-year experience of general HR or payroll
- Experience of working in a customer service environment and of having worked in a technology-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task in order to meet goals and deadlines
- Work collaboratively, as part of a team
- Able to work independently and take accountability for the quality of personal outputs and success
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent spoken and written English and local language
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, service-minded, verbal (phone) and written communication, as well as active listening skills to handle a volume of inbound inquiries from employees/customers; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Detail orientated
- Establish positive relationships throughout HR and with process partners
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Previous experience in working in a service desk function
- Experience in using query ticketing tools / CRM solutions
- HR degree or equivalent
- Payroll experience
- Knowledge in-country HR legislation, AZ policy, and processes
- Possesses knowledge of AZ HR systems (Workday and AZengage experience is a plus)
- Practical experience providing HR advice via e-mail or phone
- Ability to quickly learn and work in a cloud-based solution
Query Management & Customer Service
- Responds to all queries as per any defined SLA’s, taking personal ownership for minor issues, follow up and resolution
- Understands customer needs and / or expectations as they relate to HR service delivery
- Escalates queries to the relevant contact, internally or externally
- Demonstrates a competent and consistent approach to all customer interactions
- Anticipates customer queries and proactively identifies appropriate actions to mitigate the impact on customers
- In response to need, identifies information gaps and proactively flags these
- Understands and applies the required level of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity required
- Proactively maintains personal knowledge to ensure changes to the policy, process, etc. have been understood
Process Management & Improvement
- Understands and follows core processes
- Understands how core processes fit within the broader context of service delivery
- Able to deliver operational tasks within core processes in a timely and effective way
- Conducts reactive checks on processes, suggesting improvements that are limited to tweaks of current content
- Evaluates current practices and strategies and uses lessons learned to suggest day-to-day improvements
- Understands and applies a broad knowledge of the required local and global systems within their job area (e.g. My HR Portal, Workday)
- Able to utilize respective core HR systems (e.g. Workday, Case Management, MyHR Portal, etc.) as well as specific systems relevant to their work area
- Identifies gaps in technology functionality and proactively raises these
- Understands the HR IT delivery model and when or how HR should engage
- Able to articulate basic system navigation to other users
- Shows a basic understanding of the tools and techniques required to manage data within the technology systems.
Qualification: Appropriately Qualified
Experience: 3-5 Years, General HR or Payroll
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –