20000+ employees. 80 countries. Our secret of success, if you will, is something so simple, so pure, and yet so powerful. It’s our Purpose- “Caring for Life”. It inspires us to find innovative solutions to patients’ unmet needs and forms the core of how we do business. It propels us to create value to the communities that we serve and we’ve been recognized aplenty for this.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
But what makes us truly smile? When our employees reach for the stars. And we do our bit to take them there-encouraging them to take up opportunities across our global offices, creating a challenging work environment, and most importantly, standing by them, no matter what! So, has our purpose begun to resonate with yours? Next step. Hit the button below!
Position: Lead – Regional Sales – API Business
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Business development for APIs in Western European Region to enhance brand presence & product reach in the markets and effective delivery on business & related outcomes
- Monitor business performance to keep track of annual budgeted top line and margins
- To achieve Budgeted Sales Revenue & Gross margin
- Maintain LBE with maximum accuracy on a monthly basis
- Work closely with finance on costing, processing commissions, L/C evaluation and payments
- Ensure payment realization within agreed terms and maintain DSO within limits defined by BU finance
- Ensure receipt & accuracy of product forecast from customers & provide the data to supply planning for inventory planning
- Preparing, whetting, negotiating, and signing supply agreements, contracts, CDAs, etc. with customers in close coordination with legal
- Ensure timely escalations both on the customer end as well as within Cipla to successfully fulfill customer expectations by presenting clear, concise information to highlight issues & trade-offs
- Present business performance in monthly reviews, other business forums, provide inputs for API MOR
- Drive & implement Cipla’s sales strategy & policy for API to enhance Cipla’s brand presence & product reach
- Identify market trends, customer needs, and competitor strategies by gathering market intelligence and understanding the developments in the region to retain existing customers and attract new customers/projects
- Develop seedings & lock-ins for new/commercial products
- Develop & maintain business responsiveness to customers through frequent communication with customers
- Grow API Plus into select markets for greater value addition
- Attending various trade fairs like CPhI to have a forum for high-level strategic meetings with key decision-makers, timely educational programs, expand the network of customers through frequent visits to target countries, and gain insight into industry trends, markets, and those issues impacting pharmaceutical development and manufacturing
- Perform Business Analytics and provide strategic inputs for future growth of business
- Prepare annual budgets and 5-year strategic plan to drive business
- Perform data analysis using various databases viz. historical sales analysis, IMS, Newport, EXIM, etc. to derive new leads, market stats and make key pricing decisions
- Perform Competitive benchmarking to assess risks & opportunities
- Review Potential operational gaps that can lead to delay & assist in developing recommendations/solutions for quick resolution
- Recommend new products to exist & new customers to boost the future pipeline.
- Share new product opportunities with portfolio & provide sales forecast to the Planning Team based on market knowledge
- Innovator Accounts
- Keep track of the Innovator product pipeline and establish connections within the Innovator Accounts.
- Work closely with customers on their annual requirements and provide the delivery schedule updates, after consulting with the operations.
- Work continuously to improve CIPLA’s footprint within Innovator companies.
- Coordinate with various cross-functional teams for smooth functioning of business
- Effective internal co-ordination with different stakeholders viz. regulatory, planning, production & logistics to ensure timely service to the customers
- Coordinate with legal for preparing supply agreements, contracts, CDAs, etc.
- Coordinate with finance for costing, processing commissions, and LC term evaluations and payments
- Effective team player to impart and gain product, customer, market knowledge with colleagues to recognize and seize business opportunities
Qualification: Graduation or Post-Graduate in any life sciences. Degree or diploma in management is preferable
- 7-10 years of experience in API Sales and BD
- Must Have International Travel Experience & willing to travel on regular basis
- Experience in handling European customers preferred
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –