Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines, and animal health products.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit, and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Designation: Lead Therapy Manager
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- The lead Therapy Manager is responsible for Efficiently manage the therapy area by effectively reaching out to customers and increases product awareness, answer queries, and introduce new products.
- Also responsible for Customer Focus and have the industry knowledge and Schedule and plan the frequency of calls and personally visit the targeted doctors as per the agreed coverage list.
- Based in Mumbai, named one of the Best Companies for Women in India by Avatar, 2019.
- Join the premier biopharmaceutical company that has been in the Asia Pacific for over 60 years.
Our Sales team supports our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs, and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems to meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
Your role at our organization is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Customer Focus and Coverage
- Proficient with the therapy and product-related features/benefits including scientific information thereto, so as to effectively communicate with the medical doctors and handle product-related customer queries.
- Actively participate in identifying key and potential medical practitioners and specialists in the respective therapeutic segment in the assigned territory, and prioritize for the purpose of systematic customer coverage so as to generate maximum prescription sales for the company’s range of products as per business plan.
- Schedule and plan the frequency of calls and personally visit the targeted doctors as per the agreed coverage list. Call on the Chemists, wholesalers as the case may be to track in-market sales of the products, booking of orders to ensure timely and adequate availability of products to meet market demand.
- Utilize customer-focused selling techniques (CSSP), continually assessing the knowledge of the customer and strategize to maintain high customer confidence and customer knowledge of company products.
- Maintain current, approved protocol (CSSP) and promotional materials to be included in sales presentation/ detailing.
- Contact customers on regular basis and deliver informative sales presentations based on customers’ needs.
- Constantly explore opportunities to develop new business within the assigned therapy area.
Sales Performance & Results
- Achieve and exceed the sales targets on a consistent basis through effective implementation of the sales promotion strategies and follow-up initiatives.
- Specialist in product knowledge, therapy knowledge, and detailing skills so as to enhance productivity levels as expected by the Company.
- Carry out Product Visibility and such ancillary or incidental activities related to the Products of the Company or Products of any other Company as may be decided from time to time, in accordance with any arrangement or agreement entered into by the Company with such other Company.
- Explore opportunities to develop new businesses within the assigned therapy area.
Planning & Sales Performance Management
- Tactically plans to generate tertiary demand generation
- Plans and executes field working as per approved tour programs so as to cover all stakeholders as per the decided frequency
- Takes follow-up initiatives on feedback and customer service requirements.
- Handles special product campaigns, new product launch campaigns as per Company’s plans.
- Covers the Nursing homes, clinics, and hospitals as per agreed coverage requirements
- Collects data on the annual budget for medicines, mode of purchase, rate contract/tendering, etc. as may be required and takes initiatives to tap these business growth avenues.
- Assists in the collection of receivables, as per company policy.
- Actively participate in Cycle meetings, periodic Sales & Marketing meeting,s and conventions.
- Conducts group meetings, medical education camps, speaker programs as may be necessary from time to time for assigned therapy area.
- Guides and helps other team members within the therapy area to design and execute scientific activities as per experience.
Coaching and supervision
- Actively participate in training, orienting, and handholding the newcomers
- To be a Mentor to the Trainees, probationers, and freshly inducted sales professionals in the assigned therapy area.
- Expert in the therapy area and constantly providing guidance and coaching to TMs and STMs as per need.
- To sanction leave of the sales professionals, as per company procedure.
- Liaising with the Stockists and distributors in connection with customer service requirements. Provides guidance and coaching to TMs as per need.
- To approve claims up to prescribed limits of authorized stockists, distributors, retailers in respect of breakages, date expiry, spoilage, etc after due verification. In the case of larger claims, provide accurate and vital inputs to the Management to take appropriate action.
Company, Industry & Product Knowledge
- Demonstrate above-average knowledge of all company marketed products, disease, therapy area, competitor products, promotional strategies, and objectives.
- Develops a clear understanding of the Company’s SOPS and protocols pertaining to his area of work.
- Imbibes the guidelines pertaining to Adverse Event Reporting and takes prompt action in compliance with the requirements.
- Maintain quality customer list, the current profile of assigned key accounts, key influencers & clinical thought leaders.
- Execute Marketing Strategies in consonance with Marketing guidelines.
- Collect Market intelligence, conduct market surveys, participate in special projects, etc.
- Actively seek and display knowledge of key customers in the territory and therapy area.
- Lead the scientific engagement of key stakeholders within the therapy area so as to establish a leading corporate image
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and build up a healthy rapport with them.
- Work collectively with other team colleagues in arranging speakers, displays, special programs, and CMEs to meet the educational needs of customers.
Distribution & Resource Allocation
- Ensure adequate inventory level with trade partner and take prompt actions to prevent date expiry of products.
Adherence to Internal tools & Processes/ Administration /Values
- Ensure timely submission of daily call reports, sales documents, feedback reports, expense reports, and other administrative duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere and demonstrate Leader behaviors.
- In the discharge of your responsibilities, you will be required to undertake such other jobs as may be assigned to you by the Management from time to time.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Degree in Sciences / B Pharm
- 8 or more year’s relevant experience
- Proven experience in articulating data-driven findings to various audience levels and translating these findings into actionable recommendations.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics, and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Experience: Minimum 8 Years of Relevant Experience:
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –