Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Market Access Manager
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Primary Job Function
- Understand, describe and prioritize most relevant (influential, accessible) market access stakeholders (payers, governmental bodies, state DHS, NRHM, DMER, professional associations, and other stakeholders)
- Build trusted and strategic relationships with Government payers and institutional stakeholders: understand the specific needs and identify partnering opportunities
Core Job Responsibilities
- Create simple, compelling, and customized value propositions, economic and clinical arguments to grant market access to Abbott products – liaise with Internal Stakeholders viz. Marketing & Medical teams and prepare value proposition dossiers for Focus Brands
- Communicate the value story of Abbott’s current and future products to relevant institutional decision-makers
- Analyze market access trends/health policy changes and continuously map National and State Govt. requirements; anticipate access barriers and cost containment risks; propose future products to be launched in India, either from the Global basket of brands or source the same locally
- Anticipate future political trends and the impact of the same on business and suggest appropriate strategies to capitalize on the changing needs of the Central and State Govt.
- Understand stakeholder needs and requirements for demonstrating the value
- Develop pricing scenarios, P&R strategies, and monitor prices together with Head Institution Business
- Prepare submissions and objections handling
- Work closely with business partners and make a calendar of major Central and State Govt. tenders and work closely with the Tender Manager to ensure our preparedness for the same
- No direct supervisory responsibilities
- Engage with Government stakeholders, P&R institutions, Payers & Health Care Providers, Influencers, Policy Makers, HTAs
- Constantly interact with internal Abbott stakeholders such as Commercial Directors, NSMs / DHs
Position Accountability / Scope
- State Government Institutions across India
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Good working knowledge of all major therapy areas
- Good understanding of the ‘new product’ landscape in Pharma (new molecules, combinations, and NDDS)
- Good understanding of Pharma sourcing operations – including regulation, key suppliers and capabilities, etc.
- Good commercial acumen
- Analytical thinking
- Good communication skills
- Strong in leadership and interpersonal skills
Qualification: M.Pharma, MBA/PGDM
Experience: 6-8 years’ experience in functions like Business Development/Licensing and Marketing from reputed healthcare MNCs