Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines, and animal health products.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit, and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Designation: Manager Oncology Diagnostics
Location: Mumbai, India
- Our Company is a global healthcare leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity, and teamwork of people like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement, and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our Oncology team is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide.
- Our team of forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic solutions, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. Our focus is on innovation and launches execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe
- Given the impact and the critical role of the diagnostic on patients’ eligibility to the most appropriate drug therapy, there is a strong need to properly address scientific information around biomarker testing, both from a clinical and technical standpoint
- The Oncology Diagnostic Specialist will be accountable for effective communication and implementation of biomarker strategy for oncology drugs associated with an approved companion and/or predictive diagnostic (CDx).
The Manager Oncology Diagnostics will:
- Demonstrate strong competencies of the role of predictive cancer biomarkers for the approved drug
- Profile, map and regularly update oncology centres and the linked department of anatomic pathology to identify their standard procedure to biomarker testing (of patients with lung cancer) and identify their needs
- Build and maintain strong relationships with specialists by conveying the most accurate and updated information about techniques, materials and methods and clinical evidence that would be helpful in deciding and executing the predictive biomarker testing (PDL1) with the best standard of quality and reproducibility
- Drive the adoption of the predictive biomarker (including operational elements) in the assigned territory, to ensure high quality informed decision making for oncologists
- Be responsible for organizing, leading, developing projects & daily report of visiting customers and action plans arising from the strategy of biomarkers
- Ensure appropriate targeting and monitoring their activity
- Strongly collaboration with Sales and Medical in-field team to ensure alignment on executing biomarker strategy accordingly
Qualifications Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, pharmacy, medicine)
- Experience in the Oncology and/or Biomarkers area is highly preferred and represents a priority requirement in the selection process
- A minimum of 5 years of biotech, diagnostic/medical selling experience in a pharmaceutical field
- Fluent in English
- Must possess a high degree of technical expertise, have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to organize, prioritize, and to work effectively under pressure
- High willingness to travel extensively
- A strong customer focus – ability to deliver value to the customer by understanding and meeting their needs
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –