Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development, and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods, and specialty chemical industries around the world.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA, and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Position: Manager – Operational Excellence
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- This role will provide coaching support for functions within Syngene on subjects related to Operational Excellence, Lean leadership, and management systems.
- The incumbent will gain a firm understanding of the operational needs of the leadership team, and their oversight of processes, methodologies, and corrective actions in order to help the leadership team identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement using Operational Excellence principles and methodologies.
- Manage a team of Operational Excellence Coaches and Functional Managers in developing, coaching and executing function Continuous Improvement Master Plan, including business partner support, project execution, program management, training and mentoring
- Primary owner of Functional Continuous Improvement Master Plans to implement the Lean Management System (SQDECC Daily management) throughout Syngene.
- Standardize approach for and application of Lean/Six Sigma tools, and methods.
- Ensure OE standards (e.g. DMAIC, Lean, Root Cause Analysis) are being used for problem-solving (tools and methods) and daily continuous improvement.
- Champion use of KPI / metric management for data-based decision making.
- Identify and support individuals with interest in OE leading to development/certification of future Blue/Green/Black Belts.
- Train and coach Belt candidates on Lean and Six Sigma methods, mentor candidates to completion and certification
- Provide primary support to business and functional leaders at Syngene, including Identification/chartering/prioritization of improvement opportunities.
- Act as a coach and change agent to instill a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Coach leaders on standard work and adoption of Lean and Six Sigma principles and behaviors.
- Lead the design and implementation of improvement initiatives or events for highly complex processes that have a large cross-functional impact to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and improve business performance while establishing a sustainable model for continuous improvement.
- Lead value stream development to deliver deployment plans to be used to improve the overall performance of the value stream.
- Complete strategic projects and Kaizen events in alignment with Syngene’ s strategic deployment plan.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is a must plus TPM, TQM, and Daily management expertise is preferred.
- Experience of working with senior business and functional leaders to identify projects that require Operational Excellence intervention.
- Direct management of professionals to achieve local and global objectives.
- A proven record of accomplishments in continuous improvement events/projects, team leadership, and problem-solving, demonstrated success in initiating change and influencing at all levels.
- Strong coaching experience, extensive application of planning and executing Operational Excellence methods and tools.
- Experience in applying systematic and rigorous analytical methods to improve processes, including the following methodologies/tools: Six Sigma (DMAIC),
- value stream Mapping, Control Plans, Mistake-Proofing, Root Cause, and Corrective Action, Kaizen, 5S
- Team leadership skills, including managing existing teams and growing new teams.
- Excellent team dynamics skills focused on strong team leadership and participation
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization, emphasis on oral presentation skills, exceptional classroom training techniques, facilitation, coaching and feedback.
- Ability to challenge current state and motivated to improve the business; strong ability to influence without authority at all levels of the organization
- Courage to make difficult decisions and/or recommendations
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence
- Flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
- Drive for results, sense of urgency
Qualification: B.E/B.Tech with MBA Preferred
Experience: Min 12-15years’ experience in a Lean/Six Sigma role preferably in the Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or life science industry.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –