Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm, and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Marketing Manager – Point of Care Division
Location: BKC Building, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Responsible for creating demand for the Division’s product(s) by developing, and through the execution of, the Marketing Plan which includes but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility:
- Business expansion, competition and positioning, scientific and promotional tool creation, internal communication, external communication, and product definition.
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience to lead and influence.
- Requires high levels of competence, confidence, and credibility.
- Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in management or informal setting.
- Consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally include critical delays and modifications to projects or operations with a substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds and may jeopardize future business activity.
Personal Characteristics / Behaviours:
- Fact-based decision-maker: Capable of analyzing multiple data sources and dig deep to understand
- Challenges the status quo and acts as a change agent – helps people remove barriers
- Proactively solves problems or challenges creatively
- Results-driven, bring solutions to the market with quality
- Identifies and anticipates risks and creates contingency plans
- Elevates issues, decisions, and deliverable that might derail timelines quickly for resolution
- Strong communication skills – can simplify the complex and explain to others
- Manages & gains alignment with a range of stakeholders
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, always keeping the highest-impact items as top priorities
MINIMUM LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
- understanding of the technology and capabilities of the Division’s products; SS
- understanding of market and customer dynamics;
- understanding of sales processes;
- knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices/diagnostics;
- ability to develop, rationalize and present strategy;
- strong managerial skills relative to time, budget and people;
- ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally;
- ability to apply analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and critical-thinking skills; ability to make decisions where there are competing demands;
- ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications, whether verbal, written or in presentations;
- ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software;
- ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior;
Qualification: B.Sc/B.Pharma, MBA/PGDM
- 8+ years of experience with or exposure to sales and/or marketing in the following areas: healthcare, medical devices, or medical diagnostics to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
- Must have demonstrated leadership capabilities and strong achievement in past work experience.
- Experience in devices, diagnostics, and hospital experience is strongly preferred. Also, additional experience with CRM and project management will be an added advantage
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –