Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm, and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Marketing Manager
Division: Point of Care Division
Location: BKC Building, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Responsible for creating demand for the Division’s product(s) by developing, and through the execution of, the Marketing Plan which includes but is not limited to the following areas of responsibility: business expansion, competition and positioning, scientific and promotional tool creation, internal communication, external communication, and product definition. Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience to lead and influence. Requires high levels of competence, confidence, and credibility. Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in management or informal setting. Consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally include critical delays and modifications to projects or operations with a substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds and may jeopardize future business activity.
Personal Characteristics / Behaviours:
- Fact-based decision-maker: able to analyze multiple data sources and dig deep to understand
- Challenges the status quo and acts as a change agent – helps people remove barriers
- Proactively solves problems or challenges creatively
- Results-driven brings solutions to the market with quality
- Identifies and anticipates risks and creates contingency plans
- Elevates issues, decisions, and deliverable that might derail timelines quickly for resolution
- Strong communication skills – can simplify the complex and explain to others
- Manages & gains alignment with a range of stakeholders
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, always keeping the highest-impact items as top priorities
Qualification: B.Sc/B.Pharma, MBA/PGDM, Business Management
- Minimum 8+ years of experience
- Typically requires 8+ years of experience with or exposure to sales and/or marketing in the following areas: healthcare, medical devices, or medical diagnostics to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
- Must have demonstrated leadership capabilities and strong achievement in past work experience.
- Experience in devices, diagnostics, and hospital experience is strongly preferred. Also, additional experience with CRM and project management will be an added advantage
Skills & Competences
- Understanding of the technology and capabilities of the Division’s products
- Capable of the understanding market and customer dynamics;
- Well Versed with sales processes
- Regulatory Knowledge and Regulatory standards affecting medical devices/diagnostics.
- Capable of developing, rationalizing and presenting strategy;
- Managerial Skill to Manage Resources like Time, Peoples & Budget
- Capable of Handling Individually, In Groups, and Cross Functionally.
- Strong on Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving Skills and Critical Thinking abilities, Capable of Taking Decisions when competing Demands
- Clear and Accurate Communications Ability – Written/Verbal or Presentations
- Ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software
- Ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –