Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Marketing Planning Manager
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Purpose of Job:
- As Product Champion, demonstrates excellent knowledge and practice in sales & marketing, and fully exploits the full market potential of Abbott EPD products
- To manage and market the BU’s product range (including relevant therapy areas) through developing, planning, implementing, measuring, and being accountable for brand plans which optimize profitability, market share, and revenue growth in the short and long term.
- Develops marketing strategies, plans, and tactics together with all other necessary elements and effectively communicates these to the sales teams in order to ensure proper implementation thereof to our customers.
Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities, and Deliverables:
- To effectively communicate/design communication material for product benefits to all the relevant stakeholders in the value chain To prepare, present and implement marketing business plan (brand plans) per promoted product on an annual basis.
- To provide strategic product direction & to create and execute product tactical plans aligned with strategy within specified time frames via the sales force and to measure quantitatively and qualitatively thereafter.
- Track and monitor the progress of the brand/s on a monthly basis Maintain key customer and opinion leader contacts to maximize Abbott EPD product performance in the respective therapeutic fields and support current and future objectives To maintain and improve product knowledge of the sales force and sales managers and to continually update knowledge on the product, competitors and therapeutic area
- To achieve targets for sales, grow market share, profit contribution, and market penetration for all assigned product/s (i.e. entire portfolio P&L)
- To monitor budgets for and control allocated promotional expenditure (A&P) for the product/s
- Ensure pricing for products within your area of responsibility Manage the new product introduction (NPI) process and ensure uploading of relevant BCFs after obtaining approval from Marketing Manager/BU Head Planning and implementation of product launches, including HCP education, promotions, stocking, functions, etc
- To create, together with Demand Planning & Logistics, and be jointly responsible for accurate monthly rolling forecasts (SP&E + Family Mix – 28-month forecast)
- Responsible for overseeing market surveys/Research and sales trends reviews while effectively utilizing available market intelligence tools (IMS, SMSRC, Internal Abbott MIS reports, etc.) to identify purchase patterns, sales performance, and market dynamics
- Regular fieldwork with representatives, monitoring marketing plans (brand plans), identifying opportunities and gaining market intelligence Manage third party relations with relevant companies where Abbott products have been out-licensed / third party products have been in-licensed as per specific contractual obligations.
Qualification: B.Sc/B.Pharma, MBA/PGDM
Experience: Minimum 4 Years
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on