Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Medical Advisor
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge for assigned product(s) / relevant therapeutic area(s) through attendance/ participation at key internal meetings/training sessions, relevant congresses, and seminars and by regular self-study of the national/international literature.
- Provide expert medical/scientific advice for assigned products and related therapeutic areas, including responding to requests for scientific/technical information; contribute to the development and medical and scientific accuracy of core dossiers generated by the medical department (i.e. medical information packs, clinical expert reviews, etc).
- Establish and maintain professional and credible relationships with key opinion leaders and academic centers; this will involve participating in scientific congresses, coordinating advisory boards, round-table meetings, discussion fora, etc.
- Deliver scientific presentations and medical education programs to healthcare professionals individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.), where requested.
- Screen relevant literature and other information from relevant scientific societies meetings and conferences and develop summaries of key messages for use within the Company (e.g. key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring and treatments in the therapeutic area, etc.)
- Deliver training to sales forces and other departments; develop and update relevant training materials.
Clinical Research Activities:
- Design and implement clinical research projects within defined standards and budgets (e.g. Phase IV, post-marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, and PMOS studies).
- Provide the required oversight to manage review, approval, and conduct of IIS studies.
- Support the affiliate Clinical Research Department in the management of clinical studies, as appropriate (e.g. review new clinical study protocols, identifying potential investigators/sites, conducting feasibility surveys).
- Review and preparation of promotional material. Ensure the medical/scientific content is correct and fully compliant with Abbott’s internal policies and guidelines.
- Provide medical/scientific input into marketing strategy and key commercial initiatives, as required. Monitor the environment for competitive intelligence (e.g. product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc.) and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws and regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Abbott’s policies and procedures, and accepted standards of best practice.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: •
- Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Compliance & Process Improvement Skills
- Problem/Conflict Solving Ability
- Priority Setting
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on