Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and the potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
At Pfizer we know that great things happen anywhere people come together with one shared goal. And the greatest rewards are sometimes where you least expect them. The future of medicine is happening at Pfizer
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer’s mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need when they need them.
Position: Medical Advisor- Hospital Business Unit
Location: Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore
Medical Strategy Development /Policy shaping
- To develop and lead the implementation of the medical strategy for the Hospital Business Unit (HBU)
- Provide medical support for business development, new product launches, and stewardship initiatives. Will be ultimately accountable for the medical and regulatory strategy to support BD and new launches for the concerned BU.
- Liaise and engage with key external stakeholders such as Key opinion leaders, medical / HCP associations, and regulatory bodies for advocacy and relationship building in alignment with Pfizer policies.
- Customer Engagement and Insight Generation to close the gap in unmet medical needs, through facilitating local guideline/policy update and implementation
- Establishes the engagement with external stakeholders such as medical/ HCP societies, academic institutions, and opinion leaders including government (MOH, FDA, policymakers, etc.), to bridge Pfizer’s business goals with the external healthcare environment.
- Focuses on Insight generation through the customer engagements (country stakeholders) and translate these into medical strategies to meet the needs of customers. He/she will collect, analyze, and report local customer medical insights to assist business decision making and will report local competitive intelligence in clinical research and medical positioning and share internally and externally as post-meeting deliverables.
- Conduct advisory board meetings with different stakeholders as needed, to gain insights for key strategic value-adding programs
- Stakeholder focus to improve quality patient care through partnerships in continuing medical education and capability development in healthcare professionals
- Develops key partnerships. The Medical Advisor develops partnerships with country stakeholders (such as medical societies, government, academic institutions, KOLs) to implement key programs to improve the quality of healthcare.
- Support channel initiatives and support country access initiatives.
- Collaborate with commercial and other colleagues to actively support business strategies, particularly those that support priority stakeholders
- Data Generation for shaping healthcare policy and for regulatory compliance.
- The Medical Advisor helps in the development and implementation of local data generation programs and other research programs, including but not limited to, real-world data generation and outcomes research that will support initiatives for health policy development, guideline development, and other TA/channel initiatives in the country to facilitate scientific decision making in healthcare coverage and patient access.
- To implement regulatory data generation requirements (eg. NIS, Post-marketing surveillance studies, and other clinical trials for regulatory submissions
- Medical Operational and Compliance Oversight
- Periodic review of the quality/outcomes of medically driven programs
- Provide inputs to the New Product Planning, Marketing, and Business Development colleagues with medical evaluation and recommendations on commercial opportunities with new products (e.g., licensing, acquiring, co-promotion, etc.) for the assigned BU/cluster of TAs.)
- Wherever required should also provide subject matter expertise to cross geography medical projects such as digital strategy in medical education, health outcomes research, etc
- Be accountable for complying to all local policies, procedures, and regulations for self in all activities relevant to the medical BU
Desired Skill & Knowledge:
- Candidates with previous experience in devising anti-microbial stewardship strategy and implementation
- Previous experience in medical affairs, clinical affairs or regulatory affairs in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Degree in advanced sciences or post-graduate courses preferred
- Good medical and scientific background
- Proficiency in English and good computer usage
Qualification: Medical Degree, Degree in Sciences or Medical Sciences (Pharmacy/Microbiology/Hospital management)
Experience: Relevant Experience
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –