Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and the potential to transform millions of lives. We’re looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
Position: Medical Director Hospital Products and Sterile Injectables
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
The Medical Director Hospital Products and Sterile Injectables is an integral member of the Hospital Products and Sterile Injectables medical team reporting solid line to the
Global Hospital Prod. & Med. Evaluation Lead and dotted line to the Sterile Injectables Global Medical Affairs Lead and collaborating closely with other stakeholders/partners.
S/he drives the medical strategy and planning for the assigned Global Hospital Products and SI Portfolio across the HBU and Emerging Markets BU in partnership with the Hospital Products Global Medical Affairs Lead, Sterile Injectables Global Medical Affairs Lead, commercial and other relevant partners including Regional Medical Affairs Leads, GPD, External Medical Engagement, Commercial Development, Business Development as well as Commercial and Platform functions. S/he works with the Hospital Products Global Medical Affairs Lead and Sterile Injectables Global Medical Affairs Lead to ensure medical input in the Customer-Centric Innovation Engine and other Business Development activities responsible for identifying breakthroughs to change the standard of practice and addressing challenges customers face for the Hospital and SI Portfolio in the HBU. S/he is accountable for delivery of the assigned Hospital Products and SI Portfolio asset plans and for all knowledge/insight generating activities on the disease area assets – including medical lifecycle planning and execution and identifying growth opportunities and accountable for medical leadership for his/her Portfolio.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all processes & activities are fully aligned with local, regional, and Hospital BU priorities, strategies and needs, as well as, in compliance with corporate policies & guidelines. S/he is expected to lead and display an innovative approach to the unique challenges of a post-patent market. Strong teamwork and the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment are essential to the success of the role. The ability to travel across the regions is a requirement.
S/he combines the medical expertise and understanding of the patient’s and physician’s points of view for the specific treatments used in the hospital setting. S/he is a part of a working environment where colleagues always understand and exhibit customer-focused medical professionalism with honor and integrity.
- Hospital and Sterile Injectable Products Portfolio Strategy & Planning
- Support Sterile Injectables Global Medical Affairs Lead and Hospital Products Global Medical Affairs Lead with Country, Cluster, and Regional activities of the Hospital BU for the assigned non-AI related (Hospital Products and SI Portfolios) development, planning and medical insights.
- Understand the assigned Hospital Products and SI Portfolios and lead the formulation of the concept/strategy for multi-source, value-added, and novel products and how it relates to the customers’ needs.
- Serves as a scientific expert for the assigned portfolio.
- Contribute to the medical input and decision making in the Customer-Centric Innovation Engine, which is responsible for identifying breakthroughs to change the standard of practice and addressing challenges customers face.
- Contribute to the HBU Business Development efforts.
- Impact the development of lifecycle initiatives including combination products and the application of technology/digital in HBU space.
- Monitor global trends to identify opportunities for assets.
- Develop and support the dissemination of accurate, current medical and scientific knowledge (e.g.: disease states, product labels, statistics interpretation, etc.), including competitive medicines, for internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Work with Regional, Cluster, and Country Medical Leads and Medical Excellence to generate Medical Insights (i.e. patients’ and physicians’ voices and concerns).
- Effectively and proactively bring Medical Insights to development efforts, to cross-functional and other teams, while considering the needs of customers, including payers.
- Support the Real World Evidence initiatives for the non-AI HBU portfolio with analysis of the clinical, pharmacoeconomic, and the real-world impact of these classes.
- Coordinate global KOL interactions and activities across the portfolio.
- Contribute to the publications subcommittee to plan and implement appropriate publication strategy and tactics in accordance with the Pfizer policy.
Medical Expertise & Excellence
- Support Sterile Injectables Global Medical Affairs Lead and Hospital Products Global Medical Affairs Lead on appropriate working/governance groups in a professional, inclusive manner encouraging open discussion as related to assigned activities and specific roles while demonstrating respect for all people.
- Embed medical professionalism both in HQ and in the regions and enhances the formation of a medical community across Hospital BU.
- Embeds quality and compliance in all the activities.
- Include Pfizer Values in all activities.
- Preferred education background should be a Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and medical affairs experience
- Knowledge and experience in Hospital Patients Care
- Ability to objectively interpret and analyze medical and scientific data.
- Ability to define and convey complex concepts.
- Strong strategic thinking and decision-making abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands.
- International experience a plus, Regulatory experience a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of high performance and producing outstanding results.
- Specific therapeutic area expertise is strongly preferred.
- Regulatory knowledge: Familiarity with global regulatory guidance especially International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Medicines Agency (EMA) relevant to clinical and safety data and clinical development and labeling.
- This position requires a proactive, pragmatic, flexible person with excellent leadership qualities, strategic thinking, communication and presentation skills, broad expertise in medical affairs and strong experience with regulatory and/or safety risk management issues
- Advanced understanding of medical concepts of the disease and extensive knowledge of current standard treatments in the disease area and apply in a patient-oriented approach (medical experience).
- Medical Writing skills: Excellent scientific writing skills, including an ability to summarize and interpret complicated data effectively, concisely, and persuasively. Demonstrated ability to present scientific data, plans, and arguments clearly and accurately to relevant audiences
- Analytic skills: Ability to examine data, formulate reasonable hypotheses, and design and execute analyses to test them.
- Oral presentation skills: Strong oral presentation skills, including the ability to present, explain and defend data analyses before internal and external (including Regulatory Authority) audiences.
- Language skills: High fluency in written English and strong functional fluency in spoken English.
- Personal skills: Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills: Effective influencing and negotiating skills, including when appropriate an ability to guide decision-making for document content strategy. Ability to work well with all levels and roles in cross-functional, global teams. Ability to mentor more junior colleagues and external vendors.
- Software: Previous experience with software commonly used to present and analyze data (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is preferred.
- Epidemiology: Extensive familiarity with epidemiologic principles and concepts is desirable.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –