Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development, and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods, and specialty chemical industries around the world.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on
Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA, and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Position: Principal Investigator Protein Purification & Analytics
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Department: Discovery Biology
Job Purpose: We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic mammalian cell culture scientist at Research Investigator -7I level to join the Mammalian expression group. The candidate will be responsible for generating high-producing mammalian cell lines for recombinant protein production. The position requires technical expertise in cell biology.
- Experience in stable and transient transfection for recombinant protein/antibody expression is a must. Should have worked with and maintained a variety of mammalian cell lines, such as CHO, HEK, etc., experience in routine mammalian cell culture such as passaging, expansion, freeze-downs.
- Well-versed with aseptic techniques required to work in a cell culture laboratory.
- Perform adherent and suspension cell culture, support upstream process development and process characterization activities.
- Experience in cell culture media and feed development and running a pilot scale bioreactor is a plus. Also desirable is knowledge and experience in baculovirus-based insect cell expression.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Work according to established Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and regulatory guidance.
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety.
- Attend training on environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures imparted company.
- Strong knowledge and experience with mammalian cell culture technologies and theory.
- Should be familiar with flow cytometry (FACS), fluorescence microscopy, western blot, automated – cell imaging system, ELISA, basic antibody characterisation assays and high throughput screening.
- Should be able to make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and exercise appropriate technical discretion in the design and execution of experiments. Presenting results with interpretation in internal meetings.
- Take accountability and ownership for respective job functions maintain data integrity & exhibit good data management skills.
- Excellent attention to details, diligent documentation, and efficient communication skills
Qualification: Ph.D. MSc/MTech in Life sciences
Experience: 3-6 Yeaars Post Ph.D
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –