AstraZeneca is an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. We’re inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in our core therapeutic areas. Bold in our thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination. At sites across the world, we bring teams together in a spirit of collaboration to turn great ideas into life-changing medicines – strengthening our product portfolio and harnessing the potential of a pipeline across all stages of the drug development process.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
You’ll be part of a team that’s rolling back the frontiers of science to turn yesterday’s impossible into the normal of tomorrow. So, if you share our focus and passion, join us and make a difference to patients – and in return, we’ll help you develop way beyond what you thought possible.
Position: Regional Medical Advisor – Uro Oncology
Location: Hyderabad, Delhi, India
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Develop a strong local KOL network
- Jointly develop the market/local KOL engagement plan with other MSLs, identify and segment KOLs according to their scientific interest and related affiliations, and build the KOL network pre-and post-launch.
- Engage with KOLs using deep scientific expertise and knowledge of AZ’s marketed products and compounds in development.
Support clinical trials and investigator engagement
- Provide support to the Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification and patient recruitment for Phase I, II & III studies.
- Create opportunities to complement the existing flow of clinical data for AZ’s products in line with stakeholder needs, i.e., by identifying pre-clinical, clinical, and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the Development Plan, and engaging in discussions on the ISS Programme with potential investigators.
- Provides support to the internal Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification
Engage in scientific exchange
- Engage with the medical/scientific community in a highly credible, balanced/objective way, representing AZ’s dedication to and excellence in science
- Prepare and give relevant high-level medical science presentations at congresses, symposia, and scientific meetings
- Provide support for content development, agreeing agendas, and delivery of effective clinical presentations e.g., advisory boards
- Help to develop medical science literature, i.e., write, edit and publish scientific articles and papers
Build the capability of other internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for external clinical/scientific stakeholders
- Help to build stakeholders’ understanding of potential solutions to their needs, e.g., extended access programs, approaches to diagnostic testing, etc.
- Respond to unsolicited stakeholder inquiries and provide focused, balanced and objective clinical/scientific information that supports the safe and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s currently available products, including questions regarding off-label uses, and products under development, when appropriate to do so
- Act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders
- Support the sales force and other departments with medical science information (e.g., disease and treatment) and training
- Effectively gather, analyze, synthesize and forward relevant new knowledge and meaningful insights about the external scientific/medical/regulatory environment to internal colleagues
- Provide internal stakeholders with actionable items related to brand strategy and GMD based on stakeholders’ perspectives
- Review promotional and scientific documents for content accuracy and compliance
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations and certifications
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies
- Ensure understanding of the AZ Global MSL Guide, AZ Code of Ethics, External Interactions Policy and Standards, and Publications Policy along with relevant local industry codes of conduct.
MBBS/MD-Pharmacology with relevant 1-2 years of experience in Pharma industry preferably in Oncology
Last Date: 31st Dec 2020
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –