Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with 95 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat obesity, hemophilia, growth disorders, and other serious chronic diseases.
Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk employs approximately 43,100 people in 79 countries and markets its products in more than 170 countries
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
Do you want to play a key role in ensuring the highest safety and lowest possible risk to patients that use Novo Nordisk products? And would you like to be part of one of the most skilled and advanced safety functions in Bangalore? You may be our new colleague in Global Safety.
Position: Safety Data Analyst – Global Safety
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the department
In Global Safety (GS) we safeguard our patients all around the world and across all Novo Nordisk products. Safety Reporting and Systems Support (SRSS) is a part of GS and we play an important role in supporting all our colleagues across GS to make the medical evaluation by delivering IT solutions for safety reporting and analysis. Furthermore, we deliver IT solutions and support to follow up on and optimize our business processes where possible.
We are 15 people in SRSS with IT and/or pharma/life science background working with Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Data collection solutions in Bangalore/India and Bagsværd/DK. We are looking into utilizing more advanced analytics like AI/Text Mining/Machine Learning to get an even better insight and transition from reaction to being proactive.
You will be part of the Development team working closely together with the Front Desk, Support & Training, Validation team within SRSS and System Management teams in Global IT, our colleagues in GS, and other key stakeholders like Global IT.
The first point of contact
- Function as the first point of contact for incoming requests for data, solutions, and support:
- Collect and process incoming requests.
- Understand business needs from the requestor to be qualified for direct to either of the following, as appropriate:
- “Support & training” function to ensure training and support of users for existing solutions
- “Development” functions for the development of new IT solutions or maintenance of existing IT solutions
Extraction of safety data from safety databases etc.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc listings for internal and external use to e.g. submission to health authorities using SAS programming
- Retrieve and extract safety data sets from the safety database etc. in response to requests
- Document data deliveries according to existing processes
Design, develop, implement and maintain BI and data collection solutions using BI tools (Qlik Sense)
- Function as a sparring partner for requester regarding solution design and specification of URS
- Create the Functional design specification (FDS)
- Estimate resource demands for own participation in developing/maintaining prioritized requests/releases/projects (incl. bug fixing) and contribute for proper time planning for the development/maintenance work including meeting activities
- Develop and maintain IT solutions according to URS/FDS and within the agreed timeline by following SRSS IT development standards and strive to develop generic solutions in alignment with the rest of the “Development” function
- Collaborate closely with Validation/requester for testing and validation activities
- Ensure implementation and roll out in collaboration with process expert/super-users and the “Support & training” function
- Contribute to IT strategy by critically evaluating existing solutions and suggesting optimization
Today we work with several systems for Data extracts (SAS), Business Intelligence (I.e. Qlik Sense/Tableau/Spotfire), reports and analysis
- University degree in computer science/pharmaceutical science discipline or other relevant backgrounds
- 5+ years of experience developing BI solutions with a good track record of successful BI projects.
- Familiar with data extracts programming, BI visualization tools, and ETL tools (SAS, SQL…)
- Have shown innovative thinking and the ability to identify and implement improvements in processes, methods, techniques, approaches, etc.
- The ability to quickly get a good understanding of the business and data
- Experience in leading projects and/or process development involving several team members and/or stakeholders
- Fluent in English both written and spoken (company language)
- Solid MS Office experience
- Knowledge/experience from the Pharma or Medical Device industry is an advantage, but not a pre-requisite
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Proactive, goal orientated and the ability to follow through
- Good coordination, planning and communication skills
- Curious and constantly looking for improvement opportunities
- Team player with a high degree of flexibility and stakeholder management skills
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Ability and willingness to quickly adjust to changes in a continuously developing environment
Last Date of Application: 20th July 2020
Mr. Shivalingappa – SVGK@novonordisk.com
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –