Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Sales Manager Manager – APOC – Point of Care
Location: , Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Core Job Responsibilities
- Maintains a high profile in selling and company Key Account Management personnel.
- Drive pro-active Business Development efforts in the identification, analysis, negotiation, and development of external business opportunities congruent with agreed strategic objectives.
- Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the department’s sales volume.
- As required maintains an active role with the local Team
- Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism with customers and peers.
- Identify and analyze emerging technologies and competitive activities, which will influence the business results and strategic success of APOC.
- Maintains a high profile with the professional organization in the assigned geographical area.
- Maintains a high profile with decision-makers of the assigned strategic accounts.
- Provides verbal and written guidance or input to the sales organization and marketing staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations and takes corrective action when deemed appropriate to do so.
- Monitors product knowledge and selling capabilities
- Assures adherence to Company Sales policies and procedures.
- Manages profit margins to Company objectives.
- Responsible for Abbott adherence to customers contractual obligations and customer adherence to their contractual commitments
- Implementation of Abbott’s standardized training, processes, procedures, and reporting in the region
- Develop and retain sales team
Define the size of the organization this job is responsible for as well as the level of the positions reporting into this job.
- People Manager.
Position Accountability / Scope
- Accountable for maintaining current APOC customers and identifying new business opportunities within a designated geographic area
- This position interfaces frequently with Field Sales, Marketing, and the company’s customer base.
- Interruptions are normal, routine, and frequent.
- The travel schedule is extensive resulting in minimal office time.
- Compensation and recognition are tied directly to personal performance.
- Involves considerable freedom to structure and manage work independently.
- Evaluating information critically and making decisions based on the data are important.
- Social confidence and the ability to speak in a clear and articulate manner are important.
- The ability to read behavioral cues and establish/maintain close business relations is critical.
- The ability to persuade and influence without direct control is also important.
- Requires extensive short-term and long-term planning skills. Effective personnel management skills are critical.
Qualification: B. Sc, B Pharma, BE & B. Tech Biomedical Engineering
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –