Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Sales Manager – SH
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS/ JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the plan, directing, and coordinating overall sales activities and strategies across the emerging markets (EM) like Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar, etc., while increasing sales, profits, and market share on a long term basis.
• Maintains a high profile with key decision-makers of hospitals and accounts across EM.
• Experience of working in market development to develop new markets from skill development, people management, etc
• Inducting and maintaining a good relationship with channel partners
• Overall territory strategy, working with data and aligning focus accordingly
• Implementation of Sales Cadence
• Recruits and hires sales personnel; Trains, develops, and motivates the sales team
• Provides verbal and written guidance or input to the sales organization and marketing staff.
• Plans assigns and directs the team members to achieve top-line and profitability in their respective markets.
• Conducts performance evaluations and takes corrective action when deemed appropriate to do so.
• Monitors product knowledge and selling capabilities
• Participates in product, promotion, and merchandising program development.
• Assures adherence to Company Sales policies and procedures.
• Administers sales expense and actual performance against budget on the area level. Assists Human Resources with manpower planning, personnel selection, development of performance standards, reviews, compensation, employee development and training.
• Promote adherence to EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Communicate the organizations EHS commitment to employees at least annually
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
Direct Reports: 0
• Excellent strategic planning and project management skills
• Good analytical skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• A high degree of social confidence and presentation skills.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to set priorities
• Ability to determine short and long-range business needs
• Must possess strong problem-solving techniques
• A high degree of computer literacy
• Must be willing to reside within the assigned area
• Must be willing to travel 50-60% during the workweek.
Accountability / Scope:
Summary of Position:
- Accountable for driving sales of SH Division in Emerging market
- This position interfaces frequently with Field Sales, Marketing, and the company’s Customer Base.
- Interruptions are normal, routine, and frequent.
- The travel schedule is extensive resulting in minimal office time.
- Compensation and recognition are tied directly to personal performance.
- Involves considerable freedom to structure and manage work independently.
- Evaluating information critically and making decisions based on the data are important.
- Social confidence and the ability to speak in a clear and articulate manner are important.
- The ability to read behavioral cues and establish/maintain close business relations is critical.
- The ability to persuade and influence without direct control is also important.
- Requires extensive short-term and long-term planning skills.
- Effective personnel management skills are critical.
Qualification: Graduate in any discipline from a reputed institute/ university.
Experience: 12-15 years of sales experience, with emerging markets
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –