Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on –
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Position: Senior Area Sales Manager
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal
1. Deliver topline sales number for the Area/State
- To plan and achieve the sales targets.
- To plan and achieve the distribution targets
- Ensure control on Damage, Returns, and Expiry in line with norms
2. Area & Business Planning (in line with S&D norms)
- Ensuring the quality of market coverage through TSE and distribution network
- Achieve S&D Targets as per plan (DBs, AFCs, Outlets, Eco and Relative Distribution Targets)
- Monitor implementation of Distribution plan across distributor territories
- Monitor brand availability, visibility & freshness (Stock rotation)
- Drive NPI in line with CM plan across TT, PT and SS network
- Ensure that the TSEs are regularly working with the ISR & visiting PT distributors
- Formulate & execute the secondary sales plan – Area wise, TSE wise, Brand wise, SKU wise
- Conduct JCM’s for TSE and review area performance every month and also attend the JCM of the TSE with the ISR once a year
- Work closely with the Ethical teams (RM & ABM in the area)
- Work at least 2 days with the MT KDE every month
3. Ensure Financial management by way of:
- Implementing credit policy and credit controls
- Timely claims settlement
- Risk-free realization from the customer (distributor, institutions & cooperatives)
- Timely ROI calculation and communication for distributors
4. Distributor & Infrastructure Development and Management
- Educate and train the TT and PT distributors on ANI systems & processes
- Ensure optimal stocking levels and high billing efficiency for all distributors
- Ensure distributor compliance to agreed service levels & credit terms
- Review distributor financial health (pipeline and outstanding)
- Ensure that the claims of the distributor are settled by ANI within specified time limits
5. Code of conduct and compliance to stat / regulatory norms
- Adherence to the code of conduct
- Adherence to SOP
- Conformation to all financial and administration systems
- To ensure that Trade Marketing activities are carried out as per norms laid down.
- Analyze the market situation and ensure accurate sales forecasting in line with ANI norms
- Compliance to statutory and regulatory norms
- Handle Legal Issues, PFA issues, packaging defects, etc
6. Administration Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Sales Office through timely and accurate reporting
- Monitor competitor activity and ensure timely reporting of the same
- Ensure timely submission of claims for the area
7. People Management
- To motivate, train & develop TSE for the achievement of Targets, to maintain hygiene in the marketplace & work towards their all-round development.
- Facilitate and support training for the field force. Active role in developing their skills.
- To identify good talent and develop at least 1 TSE for higher responsibility in the long.
- To identify talent in the market (attract talent /prelim interviews for recruitment)
8. Localized Trade Marketing Initiatives
- To develop a new business plan in order to increase volume/value sales.
- Design, recommend, and implement innovative Trade Marketing activities through proper identification of trade channels and segments within.
- Implement regional plans developed by the Customer Marketing Team
- Support & Provide feedback on marketing plans for the area
9. Key Behavioral Competencies Required :
- Interpersonal and team-building skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills and influencing ability
- A high degree of initiative and enthusiasm
- Mobility, Adaptability
- Achievement orientation
- Planning and organizing ability
Graduate 6 – 8 years experience at area level in an FMCG company with sufficient knowledge and understanding about Sales systems and processes or an MBA with upto 2-3 yrs experience Mobility Interpersonal skills IT – computer skill, MS office
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Sales systems and processes
- Knowledge of market dynamics, demographics of the area
- Knowledge of various statistical techniques, operating packages
- Financial & Marketing management
- Logistics & supply chain management
- Understanding of basic science and product knowledge
- Networking and orientation towards customers (retailers/associations) management.
- People management
- Computer skills – MS Office
Join Us for Regular Vacancy Updates on